Supports all PlayStation firmware versions
Easy to use and implement
1. Plug a USB flash drive into your computer.
2. Create a folder in the root of the USB stick called PS3.
3. Create a folder inside the PS3 folder called UPDATE.
4. Download the PS3 jailbreak USB file from here.
5. Unzip Jailbreak.zip to extract PS3UPDAT.PUP.
6. Move PS3UPDAT.PUP to the directory UPDATE that you just created on the USB stick.
7. Plug the USB stick into your PS3.
8. Navigate to Settings tab.
9. Choose System Update.
10. Choose Update via Storage Media.
11. “Version 3.55-jb” will be found. Choose OK.
12. Accept Conditions and Install Update.
13. After less than a minute, your PS3 will update, beep 4 times then shut down.
14. Power up your PS3 (You will have to do it on the console and not by the remote controller).
15. The booted up PS3 is jailbroken.
This unlock and jailbreak software is available for direct download at the bottom of this page.
What are the Advantages of Jailbreaking PS3?
* You can copy original games on Blu Ray discs to your internal hard disk or external USB hard disks.
* By copying games to hard disk your game will run a bit faster than via the DVD or Blu-Ray drive reader.
* Supports pirated games also.
* Load games from any external usb hard drives.
* Automatically disables firmware software updates and alerts the bricks of console.